Chat with your Facebook friends on AIM for iPhone, even if they’re not AIM users. To get started, just click Facebook Connect button at the top of the AIM Buddy List. Your Facebook friends and groups will be added to your Buddy List (with the Facebook icon next to their name). Now chatting with your Facebook friends is as easy as using AIM.
Mobile AIM for iPhone and iPod touch was built from the ground up to take advantage of the iPhone and iPhone UI.
• Chat directly with your Facebook friends
• All your Facebook friends and groups will be available in your Buddy List
• Post your photos to your Lifestream (up to 40 at one time) or comment on your Buddy’s photo or status.
• The new “Me” tab will give you a snapshot of what’s going on with your Lifestream – view your notifications, status updates or the number of Buddy Lists you’re on.
• Send and receive messages over Wi-Fi, EDGE, or 3G networks*
• Connect to anyone on the AIM network worldwide, whether they’re on AOL®, AIM, ICQ®, .Mac® or MobileMe.
• See who’s available before you contact them.
• Configure multiple screen names and switch between identities any time.
• View expressions and update status.
• Send IMs and SMS text messages* – even from an iPod touch.
• View your Buddy List and IM conversations in Landscape Mode.
• Take pictures with the built-in camera to use as your Buddy icon.
• Share your location with your buddies and find out who’s nearby with the Buddies Near Me smart buddy group.
• Manage your Buddy List®, choose Favorites, or add a new Buddy anytime. Your changes are automatically synced with AIM on Windows or Mac® .
• Access your Contacts directly from within AIM – send an IM to a screen name or an SMS to a phone number.
It’s easy to get started. Just sign in using your existing AOL, AIM, .Mac or MobileMe name, or register for a free screen name right from your device.
Any service can send messages. But with AIM, you’re really connected.
You may also be interested in AIM (Free Edition), the ad supported version of AIM. Find it on the App Store – just look for the red icon.
Let us know what you think about AIM and hear from our team at http://iblog.aol.com/.
* iPod touch only supports Wi-Fi; SMS notifications require an iPhone with a wireless data plan and charges from your wireless carrier may apply. SMS features are not available in all countries